Happy Tuesday morning! AS I sit here in my office, full of un-filed files, un-scanned contracts, unorganized mail, and it seems the list goes on “with un-dones”. I am like many of you feeling like there is not enough time in the day to do everything that needs to get done. The children need ran here and there, grocery shopping, PTA, animal to the vet, car needs serviced, dishes need done, laundry needs folded, and oh my there is only one of me. Sound much like your life! Well if not, that seems to be my life! I know many small business owners that are trying to get up and going are struggling with this exact things!
If you are feeling overwhelmed I have some hints that have helped my business grow as well as keeping me more organized! I would love to hear any tips that you might have also! These are some tips I use to stay under control.
1. Write it down. If all my tasks for the day that need to be accomplished are written down, it don’t seem so daunting, also, I don’t have the fear I will forget something important.
2. Get a file cabinet. This allows you to have file folders for each client or account. Organize it how it works best for you and it will keep all the important docs in order.
3. Get an external hard drive or use a storage space such as Cloud to keep all your important docs and pictures safe!
4. RELAX! It will get done.
5. Get a plan. Write out a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly plan. This will set your goals and give you something to work for.
6. Don’t take on more then you can do. Plain and simple. If you don’t have time, delegate to others. Lean on your family to help unload the dishes or fold a load of laundry!
7. Close time wasters. ? this one seems weird…but how many of us get caught up in looking at FaceBook, or Pintrest? These are time wasters, and should monitor the time we spend on them. Block a time when you will focus on socializing or checking the web.
I could keep going, but this is enough for this week! I hope this helps get you a little more organized and allows you to focus on what is important to you, wether it is your family or your growing business! Good luck and send me your helpful tips!