Business Insider recently ranked 15 cities by their projected annualize change in home prices between the fourth quarter of 2012 and the fourth quarter of 2017. Many of these cities have seen large declines in home prices over the last few years, but are expected to post major gains and strong rebounds in the coming years.
According to Business Insider, these housing markets will likely reign for the next five years:
- Medford, Ore.
- Annualized expected price growth (from Q4 2012 to Q4 2017): 9.5%
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Annualized expected price growth: 9%
- Panama City-Lynn Haven-Panama City Beach, Fla.
- Annualized expected price growth: 8.9%
- Gulfort-Biloxi, Miss.
- Annualized expected price growth: 8%
- Glens Falls, N.Y.
- Annualized expected price growth: 7.9%
- Reno-Sparks, Nev.
- Annualized expected price growth: 7.7%
- Yuma, Ariz. (tied with Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown, N.Y.)
- Both have an annualized expected price growth of 7.4%
Source: “The 14 Best Housing Markets For The Next Five Years,” Business Insider (May 20, 2013)